Become a Director
WOAMTEC intends to expand into new regions as quickly as possible to help more women succeed in business and to increase additional revenue opportunities through conferences, seminars, and workshops. However, we do not believe in hiring someone as a Director simply because she desires to be one. Our Directors are compensated for their success, however, most do not care about the money. They enjoy being around people, are people magnets, and are committed to promoting WOAMTEC’s philosophy of faith, family and career!
Our IDEAL Director:
- Has a background in sales.
- Owns her own business or has a flexible work schedule.
- Has a passion for her community and is already involved with a non-profit as a volunteer or has a strong desire to get involved.
- Is well-connected in her community socially, through other professional networks, Chambers of Commerce and organizations.
- Has an established email database with at least 400 contacts.
- Makes a positive impression when one meets her (she likes to smile!).
- Dresses professionally.
- Has good computer skills and knows how to create emails, email distribution lists, and understands marketing software like Constant Contact, etc.
- Has polished and effective verbal skills, speaks clearly, and is not afraid to stand up in front of a crowd.
- Is organized and efficient.
- Has a desire to serve others and enjoys being a mentor.
- Is self-motivated, has high energy, and is seen as being on the move and a go-getter.
- Possesses a clear and passionate faith and understands that faith plays a key role in her life. (faith does not have to be overt however, without this quality, she will struggle with attracting the type of women who excel within WOAMTEC).
If you are interested in partnering with us and are able to represent WOAMTEC with the utmost enthusiasm and integrity to create an environment where women can help each other to grow their businesses, we want to hear from you!
As a phase of the interview process, we would like you to submit a short video resume or video bio to our office at your earliest convenience. This will help us get to know you and your personality better. It doesn’t have to be professionally captured … just follow a few of these submission tips.
What Makes a Great Video?
Here are some tips to think about when making your video. Videos should be no longer than 3–minutes in length. Be yourself! We want to get to know who you are as a person. Tell us about yourself. How will your personality affect your experience as a leader in your community? How will you interact with other entrepreneurs? When describing yourself, remember to cite real life examples. We love a good story! Tell us what skills and life experiences you bring that will help you do well at educating women, strengthening businesses and building your community. In the beginning, it is all about creating a marketing strategy to grow your chapter and connect with people, share insight on your past work experiences that may help you make connections and any strategies you might use to bring businesses together to grow your chapter.
- If shooting indoors, make sure to shoot in a well lit room with lights in front of you to light your face.
- Avoid shooting in front of a window with bright sunlight streaming in, this will cause silhouetting.
- When shooting outdoors, avoid shooting with the sun directly behind you, this will also cause silhouetting.
- Shoot during the day so we can see you instead of trying to see you in the dark.
- Speak loudly and clearly
- Find a relatively quiet area to shoot your video so ambient noises won’t distract from what you’re saying.
- If shooting indoors, avoid shooting in loud and crowded rooms where your voice will be drowned out by other people.
- If shooting outdoors, avoid shooting in loud areas and when it’s windy. The wind will distort the microphone.
Please call 727-244-2680 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about launching a chapter in your area.